Anchored Retaining Wall is a supporting structure composed of reinforced concrete elements and ground anchors ensuring structural stability, load bearing capacity, and safety etc.
Anchored walls are up-to-date geotechnical supporting structures enabling road planning and construction in critical geomorphologic conditions and urban settlements. Taking into account their size and cost, anchored walls significantly influence the construction progress and costs, the traffic safety and functionality, and the acceptability of planned interventions in space from the point of view of ecology and environment protection.
Use of Anchored Walls:
Various application of anchored wall are as follows
- Considerably high wall can be constructed using this type of anchored system along with Retaining wall.
- The use of anchored walls to secure the cuts during the road construction is relatively effective and frequent, in particular for the reliability and safety as well as for the possibility of selecting among alternative solutions, depending on the required securing degree.
- Retaining wall generally a great option when movement of earth mass can create active earth pressure
- The anchored retaining wall can hold the back soil in place, so this option is ideal for slope protection & strengthening.
Advantages of Anchored Retaining Walls
Many advantages come with anchored retaining walls! Some of them are:
- Anchored retaining wall is suitable for loose soil over rocks
- This kind of retaining wall is employed when the availability of space is less
- Cable anchor deeply inserted into the soil will give your Retaining wall with a good level of stability.
- Anchored retaining wall can handle heavier earth pressure.
- The thickness of anchor wall can kept small as per the requirement
- Anchored retaining wall is a great long term choice, cause it requires less maintenance compared to other option
- For larger construction sites, installing anchors in retaining wall gives a safer building site.
If you are looking for anchored retaining wall design and construction, Contact us