The Global Alumni Meet for Excellence (GAME) 2015 of the National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) was a great success. The National Institute of Technology Karnataka had been operating since 1960. According to National Institutional Ranking Framework, it is 22nd in the country. It also ranked ninth among Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India by Silicon India Rankings. In 2002, the status and name were changed from Regional Engineering College (REC) to National Institute of Technology (NIT).
The GAME 2015 witnessed a gathering of more than a thousand people including the alumnus – the oldest batch of NITK. K.V. Kamath (1969 batch), President of BRICS Bank, Former Chairman of ICICI Bank and Infosys; and Sudhir Menon (1993 batch), Vice President of IT at Hilton Worldwide; Sahil Barau (2006 batch), founder and CEO of Delhivery are the notable alumnus from NITK.
We salute all those involved and came to make the event a great triumph. We also like to thank Nikesh Jain for delivering a wonderful Vote of Thanks. We have taken an excerpt from his speech to summarize the Alumni Meet of NITK, 2015.
Jain also thanked the following for the success of the event:
- Sponsors, Sh. RK Gupta (CMD, WAPCOS, 75-80), Sh. Rajesh Jain (MD, LPS Bossard Pvt. Ltd, 75-80), Sh. SN Subrahmanyan (Dy. MD & President, L&T Ltd,76-81), Sh. Tushar Goyal (Director, Spar Geo Infra Pvt Ltd, 06-10), Sh. Lalit Kumar Jain (CMD, Lakshmi Precision Screws Ltd, 73-89), Sh. M Ravindran (Director, GAIL, 75-80), Sh. Adesh Gupta (CEO, Liberty, 77-82), Sh. Vijay Sethi (CIO & VP, Hero Motocorp, 82-87), Sh. DK Sharma (ED, IOCL), Sh. Rakesh Bakshi (CEO, RRB Energy, 75-80), Sh. AK Maggu (GM, NTPC, 73-78), Sh. Nikesh Jain (Director, Nifty CAPS Pvt. Ltd., 85-89), Sh. Raj Ranjan Patnaik (MD, Quantum Global Infratech Ltd., 80-85), Sh. JN Mehra (Director Projects, Arcon Project Pvt. Ltd, 65-70), Sh. Karthik KS (Founder & CEO – www.avagmah.com, 83-88), Prof. A. Gopalakrishnan Iyer (Editor-in-Chief & Founder Publisher, ENERTIA & Markenomy Journals, “Falcon Media”, President, ENERTIA Foundation and President, Renewable Energy Promotion Association, 87-91).
- Sh. Adesh Gupta (CEO, Liberty, 77-82), for his continuous support and guidance.
- Jury for the Distinguished Alumni Awards – Sh. Vishwa Mohan Bansal (66-71), Sh. Mohinder Jindal (68-73), Prof. RC Sharma (Ex-Faculty), Sh. Adesh Gupta (77-82), Dr. NT Rao (Ex-Faculty), Prof. PJ Philip (Faculty), Sh. Vivek Atray (84-88), Sh. Nikesh Jain (85-89), Ms. Meenu Batra (86-90), Ms. Chhavi Bajpai (88-92), Sh. Himanshu Dinodia (06-10) and Sh. Anurag Kundu (09-13).
- Sh. Vijay Goel (Standard Broach Company, 84-88), who provided the Lucky Dip for Men (Watch de-Classic) and Women (Diamond Ring).
- Sh. VM Bansal (Chairman, NDIM, 66-71) for his unconditional support and critical inputs & supplements whenever we were lost.
- Sh. Anil Khosla (Country Director, Metaswitch Networks, 68-73) for his timely fillers, efficient monitoring and strict control under the tight timelines.
- Sh. Radhesh Gupta (Proprietor, Project Arts, 85-89) for his unconditional, fighting, blunt and to-the-point back-of-the house support and arranging a memorable and unforgettable event.
- Sh. Amit Mahajan (Consultant, Writer, Editor, Researcher, 85-89) for giving us a priceless memorabilia, the souvenir book called “Techno-Shetra 2015.”
- Sh. Deepak Rana (Writer, 07-11) for compilation, writ-ups, editing and publishing support.
- Sh. Himanshu Dinodia (Manager, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd., 06-10) for his concerted effort and support.
- Sh. Nikesh Jain (Director, NCPL, 85-89) for bringing us all together on this platform.
The Alumnus re-lived the OLD Moments and Created the NEW ones.